training & certifications
2001 TCP/IP Hands on training Vlaamse ingenieurskamer 5 days intensive training on the mechanics of IP, TCP, UDP and a boatload of other protocols
2003 – 2004 Apple Certified Trainer Apple Inc. As a ACT I trained the IT help desk staff of companies like De Persgroep Publishing
2003 – 2006 Apple Certified System Administrator Apple Inc. Then the highest possible non-trainer certification for Apple specialist. Scored an average of 98% on the 4 required exams
January 2017 – May 2017 Playpass NV Antwerp, Belgium
I was part of the Ruby developer team that was responsible for the development and maintenance of the backend for our companies cashless payment product.
2006 – 2017 Self employed Laakdal, Belgium
Freelance consultant & Developer
As a freelance consultant I supported small and medium size businesses with their Apple support needs. Furthermore I developed and maintained custom business critical applications for those customers. Detailed overview of services:
- Installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Mac OS X servers and workstations
- Configuring and maintaining backups
- troubleshooting mailservers, fileserver, webserver,...
- Developing and maintaining custom applications in 4D (4d.com) and Ruby on Rails.
- Consulting on and aiding with the integration of cloud services
- Google Apps for Work
- Zendesk / Freshdesk
2015 – 2016 Helion Market Research Antwerp, Belgium
IT Manager (& Developer & Helpdesk)
As the IT Manager I handled all things IT. I was also the administrator & developer of our Mystery Shopping community portal with 220.000 members. Aside from that I handle the general helpdesk. Furthermore I was responsible for overseeing our external IT contractors.Detailed achievements:
- Restructuring the app server infrastructure from a vertically scaled system to a horizontally scalable system.
- Designing and implementing the API in unison with an external app developer building the mobile app.
- Starting the conversion from a monolith system to microservices
2002 – 2006 Comit NV Geel, Belgium
Support Consultant & Mass-deployment specialist
Responsible for installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Mac OS X servers and workstations for our customers. Specialized in mass-deployments of Mac OS X for business critical applications.Detailed achievements;
- Improved the support processes needed to support the 120 workstations for the Yellow Pages
- Selected best compatible OS version for each workstation generation
- Improved re-installation process for OS
- Automated installation of applications
- Upgraded those 120 workstations from Mac OS 9 to Mac OS X in 2 days (with the necessary preparations)
- Automated installation of Mac OS X with base images
- Automated installation of applications with FileWave
- Designed and developed the work flow for the upgrade of 1500+ Macintosh workstations from Mac OS 9 to Mac OS X for a national newspaper
- Designed and implemented the processes for supporting those workstations
- Automated the creation of OS base images
- Trained support staff on the creation of images and FileWave packages
- Writing and testing disaster recovery plans
2000 – 2001 Comit NV Geel, Belgium
Fixing software problems and doing hardware repairs on the Apple platform. Was dedicated Service & Support Engineer for 200+ Renault Shops.
- data formats, protocols, web design, web app creation, software design, marketing
- cooking, fitness, running, motorcycles, keyboards, special computer hardware and rare operating systems
- Ruby on Rails
- TDD: rspec & cucumber
- CSS3 Paged Media
- Amazon Web Services
- ECS & ECR (Docker)